Experience in C++, C#, Java and Process : Living in Montreal

* What is my technical experience as a software developer

* What I have learned in the software business

* Where I am heading to in my career

* How to process in a project

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

XP can't boot to safemode !!!

Big problem:
1. I am working on a project and I installed a MIDI input device simulation driver called MIDI-YOKE.
2. After computer restarted as required, it stopped just before the login screen showup
3. I can not boot into safemode; I believe that the problems was in the YOKE driver.
4. What I am going to do? reformatting the disk and install XP again? No way! I have a lot of work to do: a new system release is coming and my computer can's stop
5. Clam down, Joe.
6. Search online, didn't find something really helpful.
7. I am a Microsoft believer. There must a way to let windows booting procedure ingore the YOKE driver
8. I tried to boot into Safemode command
9. OK, I can type dos command
10. Regedit, search the drive name, delete everything related to it.
11. Control.exe. Cool! the control panel shows up. Goto System->Device Management, find the YOKE device, delete it!
12. Reboot, then it is working!
13. I have to Ghost my disk C and back up all of my work.
14. Never try anything stupid

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home